Senior Project Manager – World Trade Center Department
World Trade Center Department is looking for a Senior Project Manager who will be reporting to Program Budget Director. The selected candidate will be responsible for managing and collaborating with various stakeholders on several complex real estate agreements, particularly with our business partners; Durst, Silverstein, and Westfield organizations. The responsibilities will involve in part, implementing various legal and financial agreements, planning and budgeting business matters and other critical initiatives undertaken by the Development Group within the World Trade Center department.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Responsible for strategic analysis of revenues and expenses in order to maximize the agency’s financial capital.
• Maintain proformas on key Port Authority WTC assets including proformas for 1 WTC, 7 WTC, Tower 4, and Tower 3; provide income, expense, occupancy and related forecasts to the Finance Group for annual budget and quarterly forecasts. Perform “what if” scenarios using proforma models as requested.
• Serve as the point person to collaborate with other Port Authority departments such as the Management & Budget, WTC Construction, Law, Real Estate, Engineering Departments and/or the Office of Financial Planning on WTC site stakeholder’s issues in relation to real estate and development transactions.
• In conjunction with other Port Authority departments and senior executives, assist in any negotiations with Silverstein Properties (SPI) regarding the Port Authority’s support for WTC Tower 4 and Tower 3 and/or the development of Tower 2.
• Assist in development of Site 5, which will involve analyzing the highest and best use to the Port Authority, establishing comparable property data, modeling possible scenarios, and negotiating agreements with external parties for a possible net lease or other development structure to be determined.
• Prepare materials for WTCR initiatives presented at monthly Port Authority Board Meetings, including presentations, Board items, and financial analyses.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Business Administration, Finance, Real Estate, Economics or other related field. Advanced degree is highly desirable.
• Minimum of 4 years’ experience as an Asset Manager or analyst pertaining to class-A office properties in Manhattan or other major cities. This should include experience in either commercial real estate, acquisitions, disposition, property leasing and management.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
• Demonstrated proficiency in real estate financial analysis and thorough knowledge of commercial leases and contracts.
• Demonstrated proficiency with real estate proforma modeling in Excel and preferably Argus software.
• Ability to verbally communicate complicated financial agreements to a non-technical audience.
• Knowledge of real estate principles, financial analysis, and NYC real estate market.
• Demonstrated knowledge of principles of capital budgeting and financial accounting.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with Port Authority staff at all level as well as external clients or business partners.
• Excellent oral and written presentation skills.
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Supervisor, Talent Acquisition | Human Resources Department
The Port Authority of NY & NJ | 4 World Trade Center | New York, NY 10007
Office | 212-435-2803
Cell | 347-986-6720
Email | email@example.com