The Outstanding Building of the Year (TOBY®) Awards is the most prestigious and comprehensive program of its kind in the commercial real estate industry recognizing quality in commercial buildings and rewarding excellence in building management.
Established by the Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) International, The Outstanding Building of the Year (TOBY) Awards were developed in 1985 to honor and recognize the quality in office building operations and award excellence in office building management. During the competition, all facets of a building's operations are thoroughly evaluated. Buildings are judged on everything from community involvement and site management to environmental policies and procedures.
The TOBY Awards bring together members of BOMA New Jersey celebrate our great properties here. After a win at the local level, buildings move on to the BOMA Middle Atlantic Region to compete against other buildings for the honor of competing at the BOMA International level.
2022 TOBY ENTRY
Building Judging Tours are anticipated to be held IN JULY 2022.
• You may nominate your own building or any other building in the State of New Jersey.
• At least 50% of a building’s space must be used as office space to be considered except Industrial and Retail categories.
• The building must be occupied for at least one full year from the date of occupancy of the first tenant by June 1, 2021 with a minimum of 12 months of operations.
• All buildings must be at least 50% occupied (physical occupancy)
• Each building may enter only one category.
• The building may not have won in the same category at the International level during the past 5 years or in another category during the past 3 years.
• All U.S. Entrants are required to be Energy Star® benchmarked
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS - JUNE 15, 2022
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Need a Coaching Session?
Sometimes, the best way to work through the process is to talk to someone who can offer guidance and answer questions. Contact Pat.Hanley@bomanj.org to setup a virtual meeting with one of our TOBY Award winning members.
Please direct competition questions to:
WHAT IS TOBY?